Monday, April 28, 2014

Fan Branch Trail

I’ll look at it soon.

From: Terry MAGUIRE [mailto:tmaguire@newspaper.com]
Sent: Monday, April 28, 2014 11:16 AM
To: Bill Webster
Subject: Fan Branch Trail

Dear Bill,

I walked yesterday on the portion of the trail that one accesses from 15-501. When you walk in from 15-501, and turn right, you proceed across a section of the trail in wood. I noticed that the wood is splitting in places, warping in others, and although there are traces of whatever the original finish was, those seem to be fading fast. Given the relatively short time that this portion of the path has been in service, it seems to me that either it is not being maintained properly or there was some failure to plan for the effects of weather on the wood. Either way, it seems to me that this entire section needs attention, and I hope that this does not mean a significant expense for the Town. Perhaps you could share the plan for upkeep of that wooden structure?

Cheers,


Terry

No comments: