Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Trucks on steep driveways...

I passed a truck today on Aberdeen, parked on an inclined driveway that I bet is close to 30 degrees. The truck was facing the street and was set up for a work crew that must have been inside the house to load stuff on the flatbed from the rear with a kind of gangplank arrangement. That meant that people and/or equipment would be rolling/walking on and off the bed of the truck.

What was missing was any blocking at all of the truck's tires. Having seen a car roll out of one of these same Aberdeen driveways once before and across the street, I could imagine an awful accident.

I called the company whose name was on the side of the truck and got a voice mail.

So I called 911 and felt that the lieutenant with whom I spoke was going to send someone out to investigate.

Public safety, I think, is everyone's business.

No comments: