Friday, January 29, 2010

"Architectural Review: Your Opinion Please" - Southern Village Homeowners Association

This is all so fascinating. Imagine that someone chooses to make the time to move around Southern Village with a camera taking pictures of many of the properties that have chosen to be "deviations" (as the item calls them) from the guideline calling for grass between sidewalk and curb. I think it would be good to add some pictures of the homes that have replaced their original grass with the kind that looks dead in the winter. The photos linked to the attached posting look a whole lot more attractive to me that the looks-dead-to-me lawns that apparently are not "deviations".

Honestly, aren't there more important things in this community, not to mention the world? I can think of thousands if not more.

I have asked the tow candidates for the homeowners association board how they will vote on the first question. If they reply, I will add that here....

Ok, the responses:

From Rainer DAMMERS: "walking in the neighborhood and looking at several of the cases referenced here as well as many where grass is not growing or looks ugly with lots of weed in it I support flexibility within limits on this matter. On some patches underneath large trees it's virtually impossible to grow grass, or if possible only at the cost of large amount of watering and fertilizer which I can't support. Some low growing ground covers look better and require less maintenance than grass does."

From Cindy GUDEMAN: "If the "green" strip is kept tidy and in keeping with the integrity of Southern Village I see no problem with being reasonable on what is planted in the "green" strip. Should the strip become untidy or unsightly then it would be reasonable for a property owner to voice his/her concern to the ARB."

Very reasonable approaches, I think!

No comments: