Monday, August 09, 2010

Southern Community Park

The Town of Chapel Hill seems headed toward hiring a consultant to analyze the parks and recreation program. I sure hope they will tell us what the assessment is of how successful has been the Soutrhern Community Park.

Yesterday - Sunday- as I walked around the park about 4 PM, I was struck yet again by how few people were there. I saw one jogger, two people on bikes, a third on a bike with a small child on the back, 2 guys seemingly throwing frisbees on that "course", 3 walkers, a group of about 10 having a picnic in the shelter, a few on the playground, one fellow shotting baskets, 4 on the skating "rink" but surely did not seem to be engaging in any skating, and that was about it. Worth the millions we invested in this?

I sure hope the consultants will be looking hard at these kinds of data.

No comments: