Thursday, November 08, 2012

Obey Creek - Town Council

I watched some of the meeting on 5 Nov. (You will know you have found the right video when you see the shots of speakers from the audience including smirk commentary from developer Roger PERRY in almost every shot.) Jim WARD asked whether the Development Agreement process would yield answers to tough questions about traffic, etc. I think the answer was "it could". My answer is - do it now, apart from any agreement. Gen PEASE asked if doing this was "implicit approval" of something, and I say yes. I next ask, why? Explain the REASONS for the votes. If the cost of a consultant is to be born by the developer, who gets to pick the consultant and who calls the shots. For whom does she/he work? Michael GEARHARDT had superb comments; if you listen to nothing else.....

No comments: