Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dog drops

As I walked our lovely trail today up toward Culbreth, I passed mound after plastic mound of dog dumps that some owner or owners had collected in plastic bags and left at the markers intended to tell people not to leave their dog drops behind them. That's about as disrespectful as anything I can imagine; if I encounter anyone dropping off a bag, I'll follow them home and deposit their dog's doo at their home in the manner earned by their disregard for others. That's a promise.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Ergh, when I first moved here, I saw the stumps with the dog pictures that had dog poop bags sitting on them, and thought, "oh, how nice; they've provided a place for us to leave our dog poop bags". I quickly realized that there was no collection service and that those little stumps with the dog picture were indicating that one should pick up after one's dog. I doubt very highly that people mean "disrespect" by leaving their bags there -- the signs/stumps are truly odd and unclear.