Thursday, May 15, 2008

Farmers' Market

I made my third trip up the hill today to the Southern Village Farmers' Market this season. It is disappointing to see so few vendors; we can only hope the number - and the business for them - increases as the summer approaches.

In order to help those who may not have gone up on a Thursday late afternoon, here is what I wound up buying today:

Basil - $2/bag
Arugala - 2.50/bag
Eggs - $4/dozen
Strawberries - $4/quart (I think that's one of those little containers?)
Peas - $2/pound(don't hold me to that)

This is a great resource to have here in Southern Village and whether you go up to complain about prices or tell them what you don't see, it's in everyone's interest for us all to go.

You may find, like me, that there are always at least a few good things well worth buying!

No comments: